The Delta Dental Insurance Company (Includes Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, Montana, Nevada, Texas, Utah) has modified its provider agreements effective 01/01/2017. The new agreement will be used for both the PPO and Premier networks. Please see below a list of the key changes made to the Delta Dental provider agreements this year.
- The new agreement requires that providers joining Delta Delta join both the PPO and Premier networks and remain active for a minimum of one year.
- Providers will no longer be permitted to terminate their current participation in the PPO network in order to remain active in the Premier network only.
- Any changes to the business will require a new contract and will require providers previously contracted in Premier only to join the PPO network or terminate their participation status. (Providers who are currently contracted in Premier only will not be required to join PPO at this time unless changes need to be made to their current contracts)
- Offices that do choose to terminate their participation status will be placed on non-participating dentist status and will need to wait one year (12 months) to re-apply to re-join the network.
- Providers who wish to terminate after he/she has completed his/her one year contractual agreement will be required to provide ninety (90) days written notice and will also be required to wait one year to re-apply to join the network.
Please do not hesitate to reach out with any questions or concerns you may have regarding the changes listed above.